Saturday, April 5, 2008

We went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. It seems our little girl knows her head from her ass! This is a great thing! Her head is down & has assumed the position in my pelvis. This explains all the pressure and feelings like my pelvis is about to be split into 2. Walking is an adventure in and of itself these days! But I'm so happy it is because that means that everything is going according to plan!! Apparently the thing that is stretching up into my rib cage is her butt. Sorry baby girl, seems Daddy needs to aim a little lower when he talks & sings to you! She LOVES when Daddy talks to her! If she's resting, she usually perks up & starts stretching; if she's active, his singing usually calms her down... lets hope this stays true at 2 a.m. after she's born!

Can I just take a moment to tell everyone how wonderful my husband is??? He has been just AMAZING, well, always, but ESPECIALLY these last 9 months! For the last 2 weeks at work he has been working solo- the day before his assistant director was due to come back from vacation, he phoned to say that his father in law had passed away in Chicago and he would be out the rest of the week and also the following. Our hearts go out to him & his family and as Ross says, he'd rather go crazy at work than have to deal with what Anil is going through. On top of having his assistant out, Ross' only 2 other full time employees were scheduled to be in training all week. This has meant that Ross has been doing all the admin & all of the grunt work on the floor. He has literally been doing the work of 3-4 people! Keep in mind that Ross normally works 10-12 hour days and some weekend hours when all of his employees are in, so you can do the math! He still somehow managed to make it to our doctor appointment. The baby & I took him to Bev-Mo afterwards & let him pick out 4 bottles of wine (they're having their 5 cent sale!!!)

On top of his craziness at work, he has been coming home & taking such ridiculously good care of me & the baby. He has been cooking dinner & doing the dishes. His weekends have been filled with picking up baby furniture and ticking off things on a massive "to-do" list. Last weekend he even scrubbed the kitchen & shower from top to bottom and he has managed to help arrange for our fence to be repaired! All the while watching me lapse into a baby induced coma around 8 p.m. every night. He even leaves me voice mails in the morning telling me that I'm doing a great job incubating and thanking me for going through it all for our baby girl.

He never asks for anything in return & merely tells me that he is just doing his job & it's his honor to do it... I'm writing this early & letting him sleep in. I think when he wakes up I will DEMAND that he go on a nice relaxing bike ride! I love this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Awww!

Sounds like everything is about to get very exciting! :)

Hugs from Costa Rica (still....)

Ali and Ross said...

STILL?!?!? What kind of backwards, 3rd world country are you living in?? Sounds like they could take a lesson from Ayla & figure out their head from their ass! Hoping you'll be among the civilized SOON!

Brent said...

gosh, you make me awful proud of my big bro... but then again you make him so happy too!

oy, i'm kavelling!

Love you!