Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So maternity leave is AWESOME! I don't know why I didn't start it sooner! So far this week I have gone shopping with my mom... which, by the way included nothing baby related... (except for nursing pj's & bras, but those are "technically" for me so I don't count them)... yesterday I got an all important pedicure with a gift certificate that I got from a student for our wedding but never used (pink, of course and the lady even put some white flowers on them b/c "the baby will like them"), and today I had a cleaning service come in for 2 1/2 hours and scrub the house clean from top to bottom... that's right! I've decided to outsource my nesting and I don't even feel a little bit bad about it!

On tomorrow's agenda: car seat installation inspection and our 38 week doctor appointment.
The rest of the week consists of spending time with good friends and also picnicking & listening to some good music at a local winery... Ross may even get a day of riding in at Kirkwood this weekend!

Everyone keeps telling us to enjoy it while we can & I think we'll do just that! Never mind that next week is Ross' busiest week of work EVER... the baby & I had a little discussion and if she re negs on our agreement I'll just have to keep my legs crossed until the storm passes... but I'm almost sure that the Hyatt will not implode if Ross suddenly has to leave :)

So, that's the current state of affairs at the old Gimpel homestead... I'm now off to enjoy my nice clean house and wait patiently for my world to turn upside down... SO EXCITED!

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

Aah, it sounds like you are in the perfect pregnancy place! Happy! I am sure the baby will love the flowery toes, what girl wouldn't?