Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby Beluga

I took Ayla to her 2 month Well Baby appointment today... turns out our little girl has almost doubled her birth weight. She was born weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. She now weighs 12 lbs. 11 oz. The average weight for babies her age is about 10 lbs. But even though she is a little chubby, she is not overweight because our little princess is also 24 1/2" long... the average for her age is 22". She's in the 91% for weight and the 99% for height. She's also in the 51% for head circumference... so she's a little pinhead like me! I'd hate to see where she is in the foot length percentile!The pediatrician says she is "perfect", which is a nice word to hear in reference to your child :)


She also received immunizations today which traumatized us both... I have never heard my baby girl scream so loudly or turn such a frighteningly bright shade of purplish/ red... I am comforted by the fact that she came home & gave her beloved ceiling fan a huge smile & giggled her way through the rain forest. She is now napping contentedly... whew! I think I was more distraught than she was!


She is one brave, amazing little girl!!!!

2 comments:

Bud and Cindy said...

What a little trooper. At least her "fan" was there for her. Here's to the wonders of Tylenol!

Anonymous said...

Baby Beluga indeed! Sheis the perfect size for a chubby bubby. Well done Ayla and Ali. She must be getting the high fat milk. Love you all Mama and Papa G