Monday, August 6, 2007

ReUnion Valley


I went up to Union Valley Reservoir today with my friend Kim for a bike ride. We haven't seen each other in about 3 years & it was great to get to spend the day together. Kim & I met our freshman year of high school & became fast friends. Our friendship has no doubt had it's ups & downs (as will happen when two people are as close as sisters). We have been there for each other through some of the happiest times in our lives & some of the toughest times of our lives. Union Valley is a very special place for us... it's the first place I ever went with her & her family. I have so many great memories of camping, biking & boating with her & her parents. In high school, we used to use her parent's 5th wheel as a "base camp" & go on hikes into Desolation Wilderness. On July 13, Kim lost her mom. Judy was an amazing woman & a wonderful second mom to me. Union Valley was the perfect place to go & share some time together; sharing memories & updating each other on what we've been up to. I am so happy to have Kim back in my life... however, my ass is going to hurt for a few days from that bike ride! Why we did that to ourselves is beyond me!


Kim enjoying the creek


View of the bridge

5 comments:

Chauntel said...

THat is really, really nice to see the two of you together. This friendship thing is a rough road! And how many memories does Union Valley bring back? We must have missed eachother dozens of times, I spent most of our jr & sr years there waterskiing with ex-lamo boyfriend.
Glad it was so much fun! Tell Kim I say hi!

Bud and Cindy said...

I'm in tears right now, but they are tears grateful for the reunion. What a long strange trip this is and as we know, there are few stranger than you and Kim..... I think Chauntel is in there somewhere, however :-) - Mamacita

Tracy said...

What a wonderful day you two must have had! I bet it helped Kim out also, my prayers are with her and her family.

The Little Family said...

Thank you so much for not showing my ass picture. I had a fabulous day. I guess my mom was right that we would meet up again in life. You are the best.

Ali and Ross said...

I still have the ass picture safely stored away, so you better behave! I am not above extortion!