Monday, July 2, 2007

6/23/07 - Off to Tahoe for Ross

Ross went up to Tahoe to hang out with his buddy EW and do some climbing/hiking/hanging out in God's playground. The day was gorgeous if a bit windy, truly spectacular!

Donner Pass.


The view from the climbing spot, not too bad! Although we only did one short route, I felt pretty good about still being able to lug my fat arse up a rock. It was very windy but the temperature was perfect and we had a great time. This was the day before the big Tahoe fire started, so I know that the winds were fierce when the fire started. The fire was on the South shore, so no one I know was affected.

The New Suby got to go on a play date... I swear, every fourth car in Tahoe is a new Outback. I had to move away to finally get one. The car was happy being amongst it's native friends.
This was the climb we did, and yes, I actually made it to the top. When I was in top form, this climb would have been a joke, but nowadays, I was satisfied to have made some decent moves and actually remembered how to set up an anchor... Which leads me to the fact that I LEFT MY ANCHOR!!! Long explanation short, you have to walk to the top and set up some equipment to anchor the rope. This consisted of 4 carabiners and some cordage - attached some existing bolts in the rock... Well it had been a while since Eric and I had climbed, so when we were done, we pulled the rope, got our gear together, and just walked away... Only later, at dinner did I realize that we had neglected to retrieve my anchor gear. I went back to see if it was still there, but alas someone got some 'booty' that day. I hope it serves them well, I will survive...
I said 'hi' to Lake Tahoe while I was in town... Hi Lake!

Truly a fun time. Tahoe will always be a part of me, and it's only 1:32 away (love that new car!)


And remember... If you do go to Tahoe, do NOT look directly at the Pirates! (An offense that will surely be penalized by a walk of the plank... Arrrggghhh!)
Ok, but really, what the hell were these guys up to???

1 comment:

Bud and Cindy said...

We're glad you were able to get away and do some climbing. What a beautiful day it was. As far as the pirates go, any unexplained costumes in public are unnerving. I will definitely watch my 'booty' next time I'm in Tahoe. - Matou