Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Showers... Bring April Babies

Kim & Bob threw us an amazing baby shower last Saturday. We had such a blast! The food was great and there was even a "pink bar" complete with daiquiris and cosmopolitans... well, at least they looked good from afar!!!!! We even got to subject the men folk to shower games. We played match the type of candy to the birthing term, draw what the baby will look like on a plate (with the plate on your head), and my personal favorite, who can drink beer out of a baby bottle the fastest (for men only). I was so proud because the Gimpel men represented! Ross and Papa G came in 1st and 2nd!!! Who knew they were so good at sucking! Everyone also brought a favorite children's book for the baby. I LOVED hearing why people chose the book they chose. Many of them have inscriptions so we can share the stories of the stories with our daughter.

My poor mom; in the almost 18 years Kim & I have been friends, I don't think we've let her get one decent picture of us!

Ross' Diaper Daddy vest- YES! It is a diaper "bag"... and apparently a wine cozy as well!

Grandma G's gorgeous handiwork.

Teryn was nice enough to give us some practice with baby girls!

The infamous beer drinking competition...

The Gimpel men comparing what's left in their baby bottles...

Moses (aka Papa G) posing with the fruits of Kim's baking labor...


Thank you to everyone who could make it! It was WONDERFUL! Our baby girl is so lucky to have so many people who already love her & can't wait to meet her! And thank you to Kim and Bob for throwing us such a fun shower! We love you guys!

1 comment:

The Little Family said...

You have to admit, I really know how to bake bread!!!! We had a great time too. I framed and hung up your gift today. It was the perfect sentiment. I LOVE IT and it makes me think of all the stuff that ties us together. You are stuck with me girl!!! Kisses to Kicko Magoo.