Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Hanukkah!

Happy 1st night of Hanukkah!

My mom provided 8 wrapped presents for Ross & the baby, the first of which they got to open tonight... a travel coffee mug for Ross to replace the one he has misplaced somewhere (which will go PERFECTLY with the Cuisinart coffee maker with timer that I got him for Christmakah) and a sheet saver pad for the baby's crib that doubles as a changing pad.

Here's Ross posing with his gift... he's also modeling the Hanukkah gift bags that my mom has sewn. She's made many for Christmas to reduce the waste of wrapping paper. They are ingenious, really, and can be reused year after year. Ross' have swirls on them, the baby's have snowflakes. Although, wearing it as a hat makes Ross look a little like the pope... rather confusing, actually.

For completely un-Hanukkah related reasons Ross surprised me with my favorite flowers when he got home from work tonight! They make the house smell WONDERFUL!

He's been asking me recently if he can take a picture of my baby bump that miraculously appeared Thanksgiving week... literally overnight! I finally agreed, and frankly, think I deserve some kudos for showing it off in such a public setting!

I can finally wear my maternity pants! When I came back to work this week the kids noticed it immediately! I definitely have some belly rubbers in my class. They know that the baby needs to eat at recess time & Madison is always asking me how the baby is... like every half hour, and if "she's" sleeping. All the girls want it to be a girl. I mean, why would I want a yucky boy????? I've started feeling it move around too. Bubble, flutter, flutter is the best way to describe it. We went to a party on Saturday night & when Joan Jett's "I Love Rock n' Roll" came on the baby went nuts! I tried explaining to the baby that I have vivid memories of being a kid and it's Uncle Chris throwing a shoe at my head while that song was playing on the radio... granted I walked into his room unannounced, but seriously! A shoe???? Uncalled for!

5 comments:

The Little Family said...

Ross looks unexplainably sexy with a knitted gift bag on his head. Alison I am impressed you shared the bump on camera...very cool!

Ali and Ross said...

I can arrange to get Bob a gift bag hat if you would like, *wink wink*

Brent said...

I really should start taking pictures over here on our side of the continent. But alas, A lazy one I am.

Looks like quite a holiday, and an adorable "bump"

Lots of Love!

Ali and Ross said...

And don't think I don't cyber-stalk you two everyday to see if there are any new pics... Your woman finally lives in the same country as you, you're making wedding plans, Vanessa's playing golf with old people... and not so much as one picture to chronicle it... at least I have a vivid imagination to keep me company...*sigh*

Chauntel said...

Happy Hannukah!
Happy Christmakuh!
Yay for maternity pants!
Yay for partial public nudity! ;o)
Yay for recycled gift bags! That is something that may need to happen in my house. Color coded for the kids, your mom is brilliant as usual!