Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Pennsylvania Puker

We flew out to the Pocono Mnts. in Pennsylvania to visit Mama & Papa G for a long weekend. We had planned to take a red- eye flight a long time ago, before we even considered trying to start a family and I wasn't sure how my nausea would be on the flight... well, without being too graphic, I will say this... it was the worst flight of my entire life! I threw up 2 times on the plane from Sacramento to Houston, 1 time in the airport, 2 times on the plane from Houston to Newark, and 2 times in the car from the airport to Mama & Papa G's house... they say nausea is a good sign that everything is developing well... so I officially have the healthiest embryo on earth! I do have to say that I have the most wonderful, supportive husband in entire world! He takes such ridiculously good care of me and I know it hasn't been easy for him to watch me go through this (gush gush, swoon)!

We were greeted at the airport by Mama & Papa G, holding 2 long stem roses, one with a pink ribbon and one with blue... they're not excited or anything!
Posing with our flowers... Ross was feeling rather dramatic!
Casa de Gimpel
After my harrowing journey from Cali, I was in no condition to do anything more than lay down & try not to die! We had stopped at CVS and gotten motion sickness acupressure wrist bands and Emetrol (an over the counter nausea med that's safe for me to take). I slept for about 6 hours straight. The next day I was feeling better and Mama G & I went off for mani's & pedi's. There was also much more needed napping all around!
Our 2nd full day we all drove into the cute little town of Milford, PA. We walked around & had a nice lunch.
Buddah Bear...
Paying tribute to the old Wilford ranching days...
Taking a breather!
More town cuteness...
Speaking of cuteness...
Mama G's nickname for me has always been TP, which stands for "tall & pretty", as well as toilet paper...but we won't go there, now TP stands for "the puker". Although, I only threw up on the car ride to the airport once, and ZERO times on the flights back home! I'm so pround of myself!

3 comments:

Bud and Cindy said...

What great pics! The roses were really sweet. You have the best husband and in-laws on the planet. This kid will have the cutest grandparents east and west of the Mississippi.

Lainey-Paney said...

I randomly came upon your blog...so, hello!

...that looks like a cute town...
...sorry about the morning/motion sickness. Have you heard of the "preggie pops"? They're suckers that are supposed to help with morning sickness. I never tried them personally, but I've heard of them.

hang in there!
...the morning sickness generally goes away...

Chauntel said...

WHat a fantastic place to get away to! And, what fantastic people to get away to, too! Glad after all the puking you had a lovely time. ;o)