Monday, September 29, 2008

mmmmmm.... Beer!

Ah, Squaw Valley! Despite feeling a bit under the weather we joined our friends, The Littles for a bit of Oktoberfest fun in the village... We stayed at The Resort at Squaw Creek (can't beat that friends & family rate)... who could blame us really????


The lovely view of Squaw from the resort...

Ross has fond memories of this mountain :)

Here's our friend Bob... he has fond memories of Squaw himself, having lived in the valley as a young lad... you can see how that experience has warped him, er, I mean shaped him :)


The picture below is the most frightening... Bob looking somewhat lucid... kind of unsettling!

The girls... Kim, Ali & Ayla

Auntie Kim you're so funny!

Ayla was all about grabbing people's beer... hmmm... the acorn doesn't fall very far does it?

The next morning we met up with our friends Scott & Eric at Fire Sign Cafe for breakfast... We had a great time but this was the scene upon our return home...

Yes, I pushed the limits a bit too far in the "What are you crazy, I'm not sick" department only to have my butt handed to me on Sunday afternoon... I'm feeling better today & Ayla is dealing with some sniffles & sneezes but it was all worth it for a great weekend with family, friends & BEER!

2 comments:

The Little Family said...

LOVED spending time with you guys. Can you believe Bob had a bit of a headache the next day? Five steins will do that to you I guess. To think we never drank the champagne!! All this wildness made for a quiet bike ride back to Tahoe City. Did I mention I love your daughter???

Ali and Ross said...

Yeah, Ross was a little worse for wear Sunday too... after we left you guys Sat. night he went to his friend Scott's place in Tahoe City after Ayla & I settled in for the night... needless to say the good times rolled. We had SUCH a good time with you guys. We'll have to plan something else soon. Ayla loves you too, she had a fun adventure :)