Monday, November 5, 2007

Baby's First Rollins Show

We headed out to the Crest Theater in Sacramento to see Henry Rollins' latest spoken word tour last night. Of course, we couldn't resist being complete freaks and posing with him in front of the marquee...

Ma W joined us as well. This is the 3rd spoken word tour that she has come to with me. Years ago when only my brother & I ventured out to Rollins & Rollins Band shows, we would bring back a T-shirt for her (a closeted fan). I have vivid memories of her doing housework in her "Search & Destroy" shirt. Cute, I think! After my brother's passing, my mom read one of Rollins' books & wrote to him telling him about my brother and how much she enjoyed the book. He wrote her back to thank her & tell her to stay strong. What a nice lad!The Crest is a beautiful old theater downtown. I've seen many a-show here... including a Kai Kln show that the band dedicated to my bro.We had a hard time getting a good picture of the man of the hour... or should I say 3+ hours... the guy can talk! But it was awesome... as usual!

Another terrible picture… wearing all black was not helping the situation either! It was WAY past my (and the baby's) bedtime. You know you're pregnant when you start to fall asleep at a live event...of course, I did the same thing at a John Cougar (when he was STILL known as John Cougar) concert when I was about 10 years old. But what was I supposed to do... everyone was standing up, leaving their seats empty and just begging to be stretched out on!

2 comments:

Chauntel said...

Okay, that just rocks! You are right, he is a nice lad, isn't he?
And at the Crest, that brings back memories....ahhh, being a teenager....

Bud and Cindy said...

Thanks again for inviting me and treating me with a pre-paid ticket! Bud is on board for babysitting next tour.